Hizentra is indicated for the treatment of primary immune deficiency (PI) in adults and pediatric patients 2 years and older, and for maintenance therapy in adults with chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP) to prevent relapse of neuromuscular disability and impairment.
Hizentra may help you address challenges for many IVIg patients
- In some patients, poor venous access can make infusion difficult1
- Systemic adverse reactions such as headache and fever can occur2
- IV infusions can be costly and constraining3
- Travel to an infusion clinic can be time-consuming and require missing work3
*Based on equivalent dosing in grams.
- A 20% immunoglobulin, half the volume of 10% IVIg*
- Infused in smaller doses more frequently than IVIg
- Subcutaneous, so no need to find a vein
Hizentra can be:
- Conveniently self-administered, allowing patients to infuse at an appropriate place and time
- Infused in a median time of ~1–2 hours per infusion