Hizentra is indicated for maintenance therapy in adults with chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP) to prevent relapse of neuromuscular disability and impairment.
Hizentra may help your CIDP patients address challenges with IVIg
Clinical challenges in CIDP:
- In some patients, poor venous access can make IV infusion difficult1
- Systemic adverse reactions, such as headache and fever, can occur2
Lifestyle burdens in CIDP:
- IV infusions can be costly and constraining3
- Travel to an infusion clinic can be time-consuming and require missing work3
*Based on equivalent dosing in grams. †Hizentra may be administered in 1 or 2 infusions over 1 or 2 consecutive days.
- A 20% immunoglobulin, half the volume of 10% IVIg*
- Infused in smaller doses more frequently than IVIg
- Subcutaneous, so no need to find a vein
Hizentra can be:
- Conveniently self-administered, allowing patients to infuse at an appropriate place and time
- Infused in a median time of ~1 hour per infusion†
Consider Hizentra for patients with CIDP who:
Experience IV-Related systemic adverse reactions
Have venous access issues
Require more frequent IV infusions
Seek flexibiltiy, freedom, and control
Learn about support services
Below are areas you may find especially helpful when providing Hizentra to your patients.